I have tested the Darn Tough Hiker 1/4 Cushion socks are day hikes along the Appalachian Trail.
And I have to say that I am very pleased with the results.
My feet to sweat a lot and they are narrow, this is a recipe for hot spots, which can lead to blisters. If your feet get blisters, then you end of with a “bad wheel”. When this happens, it is no longer a fun experience!
Part of the science behind these socks, is the core material of Merino Wool.
Merino wool against our skin, regulates body heat much better than any synthetic fabric can and will keep you comfortable in a wider range of temperatures. When the weather is warm, the wool transports the moisture and warm air away from the skin, and disperses it into the air. When the temps are cold, the wool traps the warm air and keeps it close to the skin.
I have worn these on some light, but long trail runs (8+ miles) as well. While they performed flawlessly, they were a bit too thick as my feet began to swell and I had to really loosen my shoe laces.
These socks provide durability and cushioning without bulk!
Plus, a side benefit of Merino Wool is that is naturally controls odor!
Some other benefits:
- No slipping. No bunching. Helps prevent blisters.
- Elastic Arch Support – Knit into the arch of all of Darn Tough socks to provide added endurance.
- Ring Toe Construction – Terry loops surrounding the toe create a comfortable, invisible seam.
- 61% Merino Wool, 37% Nylon, 2% Lycra Spandex
- Made in Vermont.
- Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee